Dubai announcing a two-week, 24-hour disinfection campaign from tonight, the Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management has stressed that residents need to #StayHome. Anyone violating the restrictions will face legal action.
Individuals are permitted to leave home only for essential purposes as outlined below. All people leaving home should wear a mask, gloves and ensure they keep a safe distance from others.
Residents are allowed to go out for:
· Essential needs such as buying food from food supply outlets (Union Cooperative stores, supermarkets and groceries); only one family member is permitted to leave the house for this purpose.
· Buying medicines / getting medical assistance from healthcare service providers like hospitals, clinics and pharmacies
· COVID-19 tests
Employees permitted to leave the house:
- Employees working in the below vital sectors are exempted from restrictions and permitted to leave their house at any time of the day to commute to work.
Vital sectors exempted from restrictions (24 hours a day):
- Healthcare services (Hospitals, clinics and pharmacies)
- Food supply outlets (Union Cooperative outlets, supermarkets, groceries)
- Delivery services (Food and medicine)
- Restaurants (operations limited to home deliveries only)
- Manufacturers of medicines and providers of healthcare and medical supplies
- Industrial sector (only vital industries)
- Industrial supply chain for services and basic commodities
- Water and electricity sector, petrol and gas stations and district cooling services
- Telecommunications sector
- Media sector
- Airports, airlines, ports, shipping
- Customs duty and border crossings
- Public and private security services
- Municipality services and public and private service providers involved in garbage collection, sewage management and general cleaning and sanitation
- Private and government sector organisations involved in combating the coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Public transport (buses and taxis only; metro and tram services will be suspended)
- Construction sector, subject to obtaining a permit from Dubai Municipality and the Permanent Committee for Labour Affairs.
(Employees working in these sectors are permitted to commute to work between 8.00 am and 2.00 pm)
- Banking and financial services (banks and exchange centres)
- Social welfare services.
- Laundry services (for permitted outlets)
- Maintenance services