World Energy Day (WED) is an initiative endorsed by HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, along with representatives of 54 countries, in addition to the United Nations, Arab League and African Union Commission, who consented to make it a yearly event through “Dubai Declaration – Energy for All” on 22 October 2012.
Dubai Electricity & Water Authority encouraging us to take positive action and be #EnergyEfficient
- Replace regular light bulbs to LED bulbs.
- Install water saving aerators.
- Check the energy label to make sure you're buying an energy efficient product.
- Switch off or unplug unused appliances
- use solar energy to make Dubai sustainable