10 facts about the new Abu Dhabi to Dubai highway!
The brand new highway is now open...
The road is being built to relieve traffic on the Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Road.
It has been a few years in the making, so here are some facts on the new road...
1. The road is 62km long.
2. The highway consists of 8 lanes.
3. It cost Dh2.1 billion.
4. 20 million hours spent completing construction.
5. There will be six bridges and six underground passes.
6. The road connects directly with Sheikh Zayed Road.
7. The highway can carry 8,000 vehicles per hour.
8. Two petrol stations are on route between interchange one and two.
9. Starting in Seih Shuaib Area till the Sweihan Interchange.
10. The route links Kizad port, Yas Island, Saadiyat Island and Abu Dhabi airport.
|Umm al Quwain||Sunny||35°C|
|Ras al Khaimah||Sunny||34°C|